Treat yourself every weekend with this quick and easy French toast with a twist. Make your breakfast, brunch or afternoon tea special in just minutes. That thick slices of whole grain bread, soaked in a mixture of beaten fresh eggs with that creamy milk and a dash of cinnamon, toasted to perfection in a buttered frying pan, and served with banana, granola and Smucker’s Butterscotch Syrup, this will surely be your reward for a job well done! A perfect add on to your cheat day!
○ 4 eggs
○ 2/3 cup milk
○ 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
○ 8 thick slices of 2-day-old wholemeal bread (better if slightly stale)
○ Butter (can sub vegetable oil)
○ Smucker’s Butterscotch Flavored Syrup
Let’s do this!
1. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Stir in the Whisk the mixture until well blended and pour into a shallow bowl, wide enough to place a slice of the bread you will be using.
2. Melt a slice of that creamy butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place each slice of wholemeal bread into the mixture, allowing the bread to soak in some of it. Shake off the excess, and place the wholemeal bread slices onto the hot skillet.
3. Fry to perfection the French toast until browned on one side, then flip and on to the other side.
4. Serve hot and generously drizzle that Smucker Butterscotch Flavored Syrup. Add texture to it by sprinkling some granola, slice of bananas and add a pinch of cinnamon. Voila! Your weekend just spiced up!
2 replies on “DIY Butterscotch French Toast”
I got hungry reading at the post. LOL
LikeLiked by 1 person